Chipotle Guacamole Eggs Benedict
||ripe Fresh California avocado, seeded and peeled
||chipotle pepper, seeded and minced
||fresh lime juice
||whole wheat English muffins, split
||crumbled queso fresco
||Minced cilantro, for garnish
Remember to check the label when you shop.
California Avocado season is winding down! Learn More
- In a medium-sized bowl, smash the avocado with the back of a fork. Stir in the chipotle pepper, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fill a large skillet with water to three-quarters full and set over medium heat. Bring the water to a simmer and add vinegar (any kind will do) and salt.
- Crack the eggs directly into the water. Make sure the water remains at a simmer, adjusting the heat as necessary.
- Cook for 3 minutes to achieve a perfectly poached egg. Using a slotted spoon, remove each egg from the water and blot on a paper towel to remove excess water before transferring to serving plate.
- Toast the English muffin halves and place two on each plate.
- Divide the guacamole and queso fresco evenly between the English muffins.
- Top each English muffin with a poached egg. Garnish with cilantro. Serve.