Recently viewed recipes...
More recipes like this...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
CHIPOTLE GUACAMOLE EGGS BENEDICT
RatingNot yet rated.
0 Ratings | 0 Comments
Author: Recipe created by Dara Michalski of www.cookincanuck.com Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission
ripe Fresh California avocado, seeded and peeled
chipotle pepper, seeded and minced
fresh lime juice
whole wheat English muffins, split
crumbled queso fresco
Minced cilantro, for garnish
- In a medium-sized bowl, smash the avocado with the back of a fork. Stir in the chipotle pepper, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fill a large skillet with water to three-quarters full and set over medium heat. Bring the water to a simmer and add vinegar (any kind will do) and salt.
- Crack the eggs directly into the water. Make sure the water remains at a simmer, adjusting the heat as necessary.
- Cook for 3 minutes to achieve a perfectly poached egg. Using a slotted spoon, remove each egg from the water and blot on a paper towel to remove excess water before transferring to serving plate.
- Toast the English muffin halves and place two on each plate.
- Divide the guacamole and queso fresco evenly between the English muffins.
- Top each English muffin with a poached egg. Garnish with cilantro. Serve.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.