- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8” x 8” pan and line with parchment paper.
- Set a heat proof bowl over a pan of boiling water so that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Melt the butter over medium heat then add the chocolate, stirring occasionally to mix. Add the coconut palm sugar and cook for three minutes, stirring to combine.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, beat the chocolate mixture on medium for 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time beating for at least one minute between additions. Add the avocado and continue beating for 3 minutes, until smooth.
- Whisk together tapioca, cocoa powder, and salt. Add one half dry ingredients to the mixer and run for 2 minutes, add the second half and mix until completely smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from pan and use cookie cutter to create heart shapes.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with Avocado Pistachio Ice Cream
Beverage Pairing: Dry sparkling wine
Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
For more recipes like this visit http://www.thetomatotart.com/