Recently viewed recipes...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
TUSCAN BURGERS AND AVOCADO-TOMATO SPREAD
RatingNot yet rated.
0 Ratings | 0 Comments
Author: Recipe and photo are provided by The Beef Checkoff Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission
Try a taste of Tuscany with these juicy burgers topped with a California Avocado and sun-dried tomato spread. This recipe was a regional winner in the 2013 National Beef Cook-Off contest!
ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled
finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
cloves garlic, minced
ground beef (95% lean)
basil leaves, divided
whole-grain hamburger buns, split
finely chopped fresh fennel bulb (core removed)
- Mash avocado in small bowl (should be chunky, not smooth). Add sun-dried tomatoes and half of garlic; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine beef, remaining garlic, one fourth of the minced basil leaves and salt in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 10 to 12 minutes to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove patties from skillet. Place buns, cut side down in skillet, cook 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- Place burgers on bottom of buns; top each with equal amounts avocado-tomato spread, fennel and remaining basil leaves. Close sandwiches.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Beverage Pairing: Try with an Italian Prosecco.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 439; Total Fat 25 g (Sat 7 g, Mono 7 g); Cholesterol 77 mg; Sodium 345 mg; Total Carbohydrates 29 g; Dietary Fiber 3 g; Protein 28 g
Nutrition information per serving: 398 calories; 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 9 g monounsaturated fat); 76 mg cholesterol; 898 mg sodium; 32 g carbohydrate; 10.1 g fiber; 31 g protein; 9.3 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg vitamin B12; 5.8 mg iron; 39.7 mcg selenium; 7.6 mg zinc; 98.6 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, zinc, iron and selenium; and a good source of choline.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.