- Mash avocado in small bowl (should be chunky, not smooth). Add sun-dried tomatoes and half of garlic; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine beef, remaining garlic, one fourth of the minced basil leaves and salt in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 10 to 12 minutes to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove patties from skillet. Place buns, cut side down in skillet, cook 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- Place burgers on bottom of buns; top each with equal amounts avocado-tomato spread, fennel and remaining basil leaves. Close sandwiches.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Beverage Pairing: Try with an Italian Prosecco.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.