Recently viewed recipes...
More recipes like this...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
OVEN BAKED POTATO WEDGES WITH GUACAMOLE
Rating5 of 5 1
1 Ratings | 0 Comments
Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission
We’ve lightened up one of our classic recipes to reduce the fat and calories of the original recipe for seasoned baked potato wedges with guacamole dip. We think you’ll love it for the pigskin party or any fun time! For those who prefer the original version it is listed below the new recipe.
russet potatoes, cleaned and cut in small wedges
extra virgin olive oil
garlic powder, divided
seasoned salt, divided
ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and coarsely mashed
lime or lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil if desired.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, olive oil and half each of the garlic powder and seasoned salt. Toss to coat potatoes evenly with oil and seasoning.
- Place potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside when pierced by a fork. Place on a heat-safe platter.
- While potatoes are baking make the guacamole dip by combining the avocado, lime or lemon juice and remaining seasoning. Place in a serving bowl and serve with the potato wedges.
Serving Suggestion: Try as a side dish instead of French Fries.
Guacamole is best made as close to serving as possible. For short-term storage, seal in an airtight container with a piece of plastic wrap against the surface of the guacamole.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 360; Total Fat 25 g (Sat 3.5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2.5 g, Mono 17 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 300 mg; Potassium 1200 mg; Total Carbohydrates 34 g; Dietary Fiber 10 g; Total Sugars 2 g; Protein 5 g; Vitamin A 178 (IU); Vitamin C 22 mg; Calcium 33 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 135 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.