Recently viewed recipes...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
CALIFORNIA AVOCADO BREAKFAST BURRITO
Rating5 of 5 4
4 Ratings | 2 Comment(s)
Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission
Burritos have become as American as chocolate chip cookies and this version, filled with sumptuous California Avocado, bell pepper, and spicy cheese, makes a savory, quick-to-fix choice for breakfast, brunch or lunch. Good source of Vitamin A, Calcium and Iron. Excellent source of Vitamin C.
(11-in. diameter) flour tortillas
diced red bell pepper
diced green bell pepper
shredded low-fat pepper jack cheese
ripe, Fresh California Avocado seeded, peeled and diced
Sour cream for garnish
Tomatillo or tomato salsa for garnish
- Wrap tortillas in foil; warm in a 400 degree F oven.
- While the tortillas heat, sauté bell pepper and onion in butter until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat together eggs and salt.
- When vegetables are done, pour egg into pan; gently stir in avocado.
- Cook, over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until soft curds form, about 3 minutes.
- Put 1/4 of the egg mixture down the center of one warmed tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Fold in top and bottom of each tortilla.
- Roll up from side.
- Repeat with each tortilla.
- Garnish each burrito with a dollop of sour cream and a spoonful of salsa.
Serving Suggestions: Add more fruits to your diet by serving with a fresh fruit salad or sliced tomatoes.
Beverage Pairings: Try with fresh-squeezed orange juice.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 520; Total Fat 33 g (Sat 13 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 3.5 g, Mono 13 g); Cholesterol 410 mg; Sodium 940 mg; Potassium 440 mg; Total Carbohydrates 36 g; Dietary Fiber 2 g; Total Sugars 3 g; Protein 23 g; Vitamin A 1605 (IU); Vitamin C 42 mg; Calcium 285 mg; Iron 3.6 mg; Vitamin D 92 (IU); Folate 86 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30%; Vitamin C 70%; Calcium 30%; Iron 20%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.