Recently viewed recipes...
More recipes like this...
Dietitian Approved Recipes
CINCO DE MAYO SALAD
This recipe is
- Low Sodium
Rating3 of 5 4
4 Ratings | 0 Comments
Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission
With a delicious contrast of flavors and textures, this easy-to-make red, white and green salad is perfect for Cinco de Mayo. Good source of Vitamins A and C.
Dulcinea PureHeart® Mini Seedless Watermelon
ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled seeded and halved
fresh lime juice
Sea salt, to taste
Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Cut off the round ends of the watermelon and reserve for another use. Peel the remaining watermelon and cut the fruit into four round slices. Place each in the center of a large salad plate.
- Cut each avocado half into four wedges. Arrange on top of the watermelon slices.
- Place the jicama in center of each salad.
- Sprinkle the salads with lime juice, sea salt and cayenne pepper. Serve.
Serving suggestion: May also be arranged on a platter.
Beverage Pairings: Nice with chilled sparkling water.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
For other recipes featuring Dulcinea PureHeart® Mini Seedless Watermelons visit Dulcinea.com
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 190; Total Fat 11 g (Sat 1.5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1.5 g, Mono 8 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 55 mg; Potassium 590 mg; Total Carbohydrates 25 g; Dietary Fiber 5 g; Total Sugars 14 g; Vitamin A 1051 (IU); Vitamin C 25 mg; Calcium 18 mg; Iron 1.6 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 78 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.09 g
Protein 3 g; % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 0%; Iron 8%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.