Recently viewed recipes...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
LOMI LOMI SALMON IN A CALIFORNIA AVOCADO HALF
Rating5 of 5 1
1 Ratings | 0 Comments
24 hrs 0 min
24 hrs 0 min
Author: Amy Sherman and Copper River Salmon/Prince William Sound Marketing Association Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission
California Avocados make the perfect edible bowl for Hawaiian-inspired Lomi Lomi Salmon.
Hawaiian salt, coarse sea salt or kosher salt
Copper River salmon fillet, skin removed
cherry or grape tomatoes, diced
Fresh California Avocados, halved and seeded
sweet white onion, finely diced
green onion, chopped
sprigs of cilantro or chives to garnish
- Place salmon in a plastic or glass container and rub both sides with the salt. Cover the container and chill in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Rinse salmon thoroughly and soak in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes, changing the water once, after 15 minutes. Remove fish from bowl and pat fish dry with paper towels.
- Dice fish and place in a mixing bowl. Add tomato, onion and green onions; toss gently to combine.
- Mound salmon mixture onto each avocado half. Garnish with cilantro or chives and serve immediately.
Note: If onion is not sweet, soak the diced onion in cold water for 10 minutes to remove bitterness.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with crostini.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Nutrition information per serving
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 240; Total Fat 17 g (Sat 2.5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 3 g, Mono 10 g); Cholesterol 30 mg; Sodium 380 mg; Potassium 890 mg; Total Carbohydrates 12 g; Dietary Fiber 7 g; Total Sugars 3 g; Protein 14 g; Vitamin A 653 IU; Vitamin C 17 mg; Calcium 35 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 10 IU; Folate 106 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 1.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 30%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%; Total Fat 26%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.