Peanut Crusted Red Curry California Avocado Satay
||Coconut Red Curry (recipe follows)
||Fresh California Avocado*, sliced into 12
||peanuts, finely chopped
||coarsely chopped cilantro
||Coconut Red Curry (Yield 1 1/8 cup)
||red curry paste
Remember to check the label when you shop.
California Avocados are NOW in season! Learn More
Coconut Red Curry:
- In a small mixing bowl, mix coconut milk, red curry paste, fish sauce, sugar and cilantro. Refrigerate.
- Skewer the Fresh California Avocado Slices lengthwise.
- Gently coat the Fresh California Avocado slices in the Coconut Red Curry. Place on a very well oiled grill over high heat and grill to get a light char mark on one side.
- Press the non-char marked side of the skewered Fresh California Avocado into the crushed peanuts.
- Sprinkle with coarsely chopped cilantro.
- Serve with additional Coconut Red Curry as a dipping sauce.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.