Recently viewed recipes...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
CALIFORNIA AVOCADO PIQUILLO PEPPER FRITTATA
Rating5 of 5 1
1 Ratings | 1 Comment(s)
Author: Copyright © 2009, Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission and developed by a Featured Chef
ripe Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
jarred roasted piquillo peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
clove garlic, minced
extra virgin olive oil
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
grated Spanish manchego cheese
chopped Italian parsley
extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- In a small mixing bowl, toss together avocado, peppers, garlic, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Let marinate 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese and parsley until frothy. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the avocado mixture.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch, nonstick, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the egg mixture, reduce heat to medium and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until the bottom is set and the top is still runny. Occasionally lift the outer edges so the uncooked egg can run underneath.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook until the eggs are set and golden brown, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and loosen the bottom of the frittata with a spatula. Place a serving plate over the skillet and invert the frittata onto it. Cut into wedges and serve hot or at room temperature.
Tip: Crumbled goat cheese may be substituted for Spanish manchego cheese.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 300; Total Fat 23 g (Sat 6 g, Trans
0 g, Poly 1.1 g, Mono 6.9 g); Cholesterol 440 mg; Sodium 370 mg; Potassium
234 mg; Total Carbohydrates 8 g; Dietary Fiber 3 g; Total Sugars 1 g; Protein 16 g; Vitamin A 889 IU; Vitamin C 7 mg; Calcium 118 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D
0 IU; Folate 41 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.