Recently viewed recipes...
Receive fresh recipes, hot news, and industry updates every month!Subscribe
CALIFORNIA AVOCADO SALAD FLATBREAD SANDWICH
White wine vinegar, divided
Fresh garlic, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Sweet onion, chopped
Diced tomato, chopped
Flatbread, such as pita, 24 rounds, about 7-inch diameter
Hearts of romaine leaves -- as needed
Shaved Romano cheese*
* Jack or Fontina cheese in 1-ounce slices may be substituted
- To make vinaigrette, whisk together 1/2 cup vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; whisk in oil. Reserve.
- Combine onion, tomato and remaining 1/4 cup vinegar; reserve.
- JUST BEFORE SERVICE
- Dice avocado; fold avocado into onion mixture.
- PER ORDER
- Brush 1 round of bread with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Arrange 1 or 2 leaves romaine, depending on size, in center of bread. Top with 1/2 cup avocado salad; garnish with 1/2 ounce cheese.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.