Recently viewed recipes...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
CHICKEN AND AVOCADO SALAD
seasoned rice vinegar*
dash red pepper flakes
Oil for frying
cooked, shredded chicken
julienned yellow bell pepper
julienned red bell pepper
sliced green onion
ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled
Green onion, slivered lengthwise, as needed for garnish
- Whisk together vinegar and red pepper flakes; whisk in oil. Reserve.
- Combine chicken, bell pepper and green onion; fold into reserved dressing.
- Deep fry rice sticks in hot oil in 2 batches for about 3 seconds; turn, then fry another 3 seconds. Drain well.
- Dice avocado; gently fold into chicken salad.
- Break up fried rice sticks on serving plate. Mound salad on top of rice sticks. Garnish with green onion.
Serve with chopsticks and a fortune cookie for extra fun.
Try with hot or iced green tea.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Seasoned rice vinegar contains salt and sugar.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Nutrition information per serving
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 540; Total Fat 38 g (Sat 5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 6 g, Mono 17 g); Cholesterol 15 mg; Sodium 770 mg; Potassium 543 mg; Total Carbohydrates 42 g; Dietary Fiber 7 g; Total Sugars 6 g; Protein 11 g; Vitamin A 821 IU; Vitamin C 83 mg; Calcium 34 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 134 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 1.4 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 140%; Calcium 4%; Iron 15%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.