Chicken and Avocado Salad
An Asian-inspired chicken salad with delicious Fresh California Avocados.
||seasoned rice vinegar*
||dash red pepper flakes
||Oil for frying
||cooked, shredded chicken
||julienned yellow bell pepper
||julienned red bell pepper
||sliced green onion
||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled
||Green onion, slivered lengthwise, as needed for garnish
Remember to check the label when you shop.
California Avocados are NOW in season! Learn More
- Whisk together vinegar and red pepper flakes; whisk in oil. Reserve.
- Combine chicken, bell pepper and green onion; fold into reserved dressing.
- Deep fry rice sticks in hot oil in 2 batches for about 3 seconds; turn, then fry another 3 seconds. Drain well.
- Dice avocado; gently fold into chicken salad.
- Break up fried rice sticks on serving plate. Mound salad on top of rice sticks. Garnish with green onion.
Serve with chopsticks and a fortune cookie for extra fun.
Try with hot or iced green tea.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Seasoned rice vinegar contains salt and sugar.