Recently viewed recipes...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
HONEYED CALIFORNIA AVOCADO CREPES WITH MANGO SAUCE
avocado honey, warmed
freshly ground nutmeg
Pinch of salt
California avocado, cut in 1/2-inch dice (about 8 ounces)
French pastry cream
Mango Sauce (recipe follows)
Edible flowers for garnish
Thinly sliced avocado for garnish
Thinly sliced mango for garnish
lemon juice to taste
sugar to taste
- Mix honey with next four ingredients.
- Fold honey mixture into diced avocado; reserve.
- To assemble crepes, spread 2 tablespoons pastry cream on each crepe, leaving a 1-inch border around top edges and about 2-inches on the bottom edges.
- Distribute one-fourth of reserved avocado mixture evenly along center of crepes in the shape of a cone.
- Fold one side over the other to form a cone.
- Fold tip end under
- Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Warm for 5 minutes at 350°F.
- Transfer each warmed crepe to a serving plate.
- Pour 1/4 cup Mango Sauce around each crepe.
- Garnish with flowers and sliced avocado and mango.
- Mango Sauce
- Peel and dice 2 mangos; puree in blender or food processor.
- Add lemon juice and sugar to taste.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Nutrition information per serving
Nutrition Information per Serving: 520 calories, 25g of fat, 250mg of cholesterol, 350mg of sodium and 13g of protein.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.