Recently viewed recipes...
Receive fresh recipes, hot news, and industry updates every month!Subscribe
See why avocados are a tasty choice for a healthful diet.LEARN MORE
CALIFORNIA AVOCADO TOAST
This recipe is
Rating2 of 5 1
1 Ratings | 0 CommentsAdd to My Recipes
Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission from a consumer submission
Toast with delicious avocado mush on it!
to 2 California avocados
Virgin olive oil
Sourdough bread (or any other bread)
- Make a nice vinaigrette using balsamic vinegar, virgin olive oil, dijon mustard, and a good deal of chopped fresh garlic (it should look as if there is too much garlic in there.
- Take a few tablespoons of olive oil and add some mustard and vinegar. beat with a fork until it emulsifies and gets creamy (be patient.)
- Add lots of chopped garlic, mix, and let sit for 20-45 minutes to get the flavor of the garlic out.
- Slice bread and toast it.
- Take your avocado and empty it into a bowl, minus the pit and skin.
- Take a fork and mush it up a bit, leaving it chunky (not like guacamole) yet spreadable.
- Take the vinaigrette and add it to the avocado and mix a little bit.
- Once the toast is ready, just scoop some avocado mush and put it on... it's delicious.
- You can make it with tomatoes, too...
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.