Recently viewed recipes...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
PESTO CALIFORNIA AVOCADO TORTA
RatingNot yet rated.
0 Ratings | 0 Comments
Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission
This decadent torta combines rich cream cheese, California Avocados and savory pesto.
fresh spinach, minced
fresh basil leaves, minced
grated Parmesan cheese
clove garlic, crushed
Cream Cheese Filling
(8 oz each) packages cream cheese, softened
ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and halved
- Line 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with foil.
- Blend all pesto ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 cups cream cheese mixture into bottom of loaf pan; spread evenly.
- Spread pesto over cream cheese layer.
- Spoon another 1 cup cream cheese mixture over pesto, spreading evenly.
- Cut each avocado half into 8 slices but do not pull apart.
- Lay sliced avocado halves on cream cheese layer and top with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Thirty minutes before serving, lift torta from loaf pan and remove foil. Place on decorative plate and provide spreader knives for serving.
Serve with slices of French bread or crackers.
Nice with a glass of Merlot.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Nutrition information per serving
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 820; Total Fat 86 g (Sat 45 g, Trans 1.5 g, Poly 6 g, Mono 30 g); Cholesterol 190 mg; Sodium 250 mg; Potassium 335 mg; Total Carbohydrates 6 g; Dietary Fiber 4 g; Total Sugars 0 g; Protein 8 g; Vitamin A 2784 IU; Vitamin C 5 mg; Calcium 140 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 57 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.6 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 15%; Iron 8%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.