- Put oil in sauté pan and heat to 350 degrees F.
- In 3 separate bowls place the eggs, panko and flour.
- Thoroughly beat the eggs.
- Sprinkle the avocado slices with the salt, to taste.
- Working 4 – 5 slices at a time, dredge the avocado in the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Dip the avocado slices into the egg and use a fork to turn it over to thoroughly coat. Using the same fork, remove the avocado slice from the egg mixture and let the excess egg drip off.
- Place the avocado slice in the panko and use your fingers to lightly press the avocado into the panko to create an even coating.
- Drop the avocado slices, 4 to 5 at a time into the hot oil.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes, until the avocado slices float and are a lovely golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate and repeat until all the avocado slices are cooked.
- Serve with Easy Homemade Ranch Sauce for dipping.
Easy Homemade Ranch Sauce Directions
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients, except the salt and pepper.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Stir, taste, and salt and pepper to taste.
For a chipotle-style dip, add a chopped chipotle in adobo sauce. For a cilantro and jalapeño twist, add 1/4 of a chopped jalapeño and a 1/4 cup chopped cilantro with a squeeze of lime juice.
Serving Suggestions: Squeeze a lime over the fried avocado slices or sprinkle with a rosemary and parmesan mixture. For a fun party mix, serve with multiple dipping sauce options.