Here’s a “firecracker” you can eat! Pop these creamy Cherry Tomato Bomb appetizers into your mouth in a single bite and enjoy the fireworks.
Cherry Tomato Bombs
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|2||tsp.||sriracha chile sauce|
|1/4||cup||light cream cheese|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded|
|32||(1/2-inch long) thin strips red bell pepper or chile pepper (for spicier appetizers use red jalapeño or habanero chiles)|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Cut a small slice off the top of each cherry tomato and hollow out the center of each, discarding seeds and juice. If the tomatoes will not stand up, cut a very small slice off the bottom so that they have a flat bottom.
- Squirt a couple of drops of sriracha into each tomato.
- Fill each tomato about half way with cream cheese. Depending on the size of the tomatoes you may have extra cream cheese.
- Cut avocado into little cubes sized to fit in the tomatoes. You may have extra avocado. Place avocado cubes on top of the cream cheese in each tomato, pushing down gently.
- Add a generous drop of sriracha on top of each tomato and insert a pepper strip to look like the cherry bomb fuse. Serve.
Tip: Use a baby food spoon or other very small spoon to hollow out and fill the tomatoes.
Serving Suggestion: If you have extra cream cheese and avocado, mix them together and add some sriracha. Enjoy on pepper strips or crackers.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 239 (IU); Vitamin C 15 mg; Calcium 20 mg; Iron 0.3 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 30 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.03 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%