Summer cookouts and celebrations will never be the same once you try this luscious summer dessert pie. Made with California Avocados, zesty limes and creamy Greek yogurt nestled inside a delicious graham cracker and almond crust, every bite is guaranteed to delight your guests.
California Avocado Yogurt Key Lime Pie
Total Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Ingredients2 ripe Fresh California Avocados, quartered, peeled and seeded 1/2 cup non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt 1/2 cup light agave nectar 1 lime, zested 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract 1/2 cup light coconut milk 1/2 cup lime juice 1 envelope unflavored gelatin Graham Cracker Almond Crust (see make-ahead recipe below) As needed Raspberries and light whipped cream, for garnish (optional) Graham Cracker Almond Crust 1/2 cup unsalted, whole roasted almonds 7 whole graham crackers (14 squares) 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar 1/4 tsp. salt 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted 1 egg white
- Place avocados in the bowl of a food processor with the yogurt, agave, lime zest and vanilla extract; pulse until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Set aside.
- Place the coconut milk in a small saucepan and bring to low boil. Set aside. Place the lime juice in a large bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the juice and let stand 1 minute. Gently whisk in the hot coconut milk. Continue to whisk until the gelatin completely dissolves, about 5 minutes. Stir in the avocado mixture until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust. Carefully transfer to the refrigerator and chill, uncovered, until firm, about 3 hours. Garnish with optional toppings. (Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and cover with plastic wrap.)
Graham Cracker Almond Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the almonds in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Add the graham crackers, sugar and salt and pulse until finely ground. Add the butter and egg white and pulse until evenly moistened and combined.
- Press the crumb mixture firmly on the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until fragrant and golden. Cool completely before filling.
Copyright © 2012, Liz Weiss, MS, RD and Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD: www.MealMakeoverMoms.com
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados