California Avocado Cardamom Ice Cream
|1 1/2||tsp.||cardamom seeds|
|3||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled|
|1||cup||organic sweetened condensed milk|
|1 1/2||cups||Heavy Cream|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toast cardamom seeds for 5 minutes.
- Grind cardamom in a spice grinder and set aside.
- Place avocado, condensed milk, cream, milk, and ground cardamom seeds into a blender. Turn on to lowest setting and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze per machine’s instructions.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.