With just a blender and your oven, you can create tasty, tangy fruit leather using California Avocados. It’s low effort, highly delicious and perfect for an afterschool snack or lunchbox treat.
Avocado, Mango Fruit Roll-ups
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced *|
|1||large mango, ripe (peeled, flesh scooped)|
|As needed||Salt, to taste|
|As needed||Red chili powder, to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat the oven to 175F – Blend all the above ingredients until it turns into a smooth puree.
- Adjust lemon juice, salt, and chili powder based upon your taste, sweetness of mangoes, and how tart you want your fruit leather.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a spatula, spread a thin layer of avocado, mango puree into the tray making sure they are spread evenly.
- Let it bake for 3-5 hours until the fruit leather is firm, dry and evenly done.
- Allow it to cool for little bit then using a knife or pizza cutter, cut them into stripes, squares or any desired shape.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.