Destiny finds you in the strangest times and places. It found Tom Pecht at the age of four, pulling weeds on his family’s farm. That’s when Tom first fell in love with the land, and when he first knew he was meant for a life in the groves. Under his father’s careful eye, Tom learned the art of growing avocados like only California Avocado growers know how. Though he left at the insistence of his parents to get an education and see what the world had to offer, his deep connection to the land and its most beautiful crop never left him. So after some time in suits, he ditched it all, and returned to his roots, to the earth—and the avocados—he’d been hand cultivating since he was knee-high to a grasshopper.
Meet featured growers of California Avocados from around the state.
in All Regions:
- Fifth Generation Farmer | 3-14-2013
- Fifth Generation Farmer
- Get Embed Code | Play Next: Family Heritage
- Blood, Sweat and Tears | 3-14-2013
- Blood, Sweat and Tears
- Get Embed Code | Play Next: Something Fresh
- Gotta Know the Trees | 3-14-2013
- Gotta Know the Trees
- Get Embed Code | Play Next: Done Something Right