Grilled Flatbread Sandwich with Chicken, California Avocado & Fresh Peaches
If you love sweet and savory flavors, you’ll love this grilled flatbread sandwich layered with Fresh California Avocado, deli meat chicken and fresh peaches. It’s summer on a sandwich. And you can feel good about eating this sweet treat because it is loaded with nutrition including an excellent source of protein and vitamin C at 50% Daily Value (DV), along with potassium, calcium, iron, dietary fiber, and vitamins C, B6, B5 and K.
||(7-in.) flatbread, cut in half
||slice pepper jack cheese
||seeded, chopped jalapeño
||slices deli chicken breast
||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and sliced
||peach, peeled and thinly sliced
- Slice the flatbread in half. On one half of the flatbread, spread the peach preserves.
- On the other side of the flatbread, layer the pepper jack cheese, jalapeño, chicken breast, avocado slices, and half of peach slices.
- Place the two halves together.
- Place a skillet over medium high heat. Heat the sandwich on each side until lightly browned and the cheese is melted - about 4 minutes total.
- Serve with the remaining peach slices.
Note: Can also be made in a Panini maker
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a crisp romaine salad.
Beverage Pairing: Peach Iced Tea.
**Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 550; Total Fat 25 g (Sat 6 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2.5 g, Mono 12 g); Cholesterol 55 mg; Sodium 1090 mg; Potassium 740 mg; Total Carbohydrates 59 g; Dietary Fiber 9 g; Total Sugars 18 g; Protein 25 g; Vitamin A 728 IU; Vitamin C 29 mg; Calcium 192 mg; Iron 3.6 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 194 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 20%; Iron 20%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.