For holiday entertaining, this Pan Roasted Turkey Cutlets with Cranberry Avocado Salsa is a simple and delicious Thanksgiving entrée. Rather than roasting an entire bird, pan roast some cutlets and serve with a decadent California Avocado and cranberry topping. Good source of Vitamin C and iron.
|Cook Time:||15 min|
|Total Time:||20 min|
- 4.0004 (4-oz.) turkey cutlets
- 2.0002 tsp. garlic powder
- 1.0001 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2.0002 Tbsp. olive oil
Cranberry Avocado Salsa
- 2.0002 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded
- 0.500½ cup fresh cranberries, halved
- 2.0002 tsp. minced jalapeño, optional
- 1.0001 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1.0001 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 2.0002 Tbsp. snipped fresh chives
- 0.250¼ tsp. coarse salt
- 0.500½ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Season the turkey cutlets on both sides with the garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a heavy bottom skillet.
- Place the cutlets in the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until completely cooked through.
- Remove cutlets from the skillet and place on a warm plate. Tent with tin foil and set aside.
Cranberry Avocado Salsa
- Dice avocado and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the halved cranberries, minced jalapeño, lime juice, agave nectar, chives, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Place avocado cranberry topping over the roasted turkey cutlets and serve immediately.
Tip: If using frozen cranberries, you do not need to defrost before using. Cranberries can be easily chopped by using the “pulse” setting on a food processor.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a side of roasted fingerling potatoes, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes/yams or cornbread dressing with your favorite glass of wine and enjoy.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 370; Total Fat 19 g (Sat 2.5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 13 g); Cholesterol 45 mg; Sodium 390 mg; Potassium 400 mg; Total Carbohydrates 26 g; Dietary Fiber 4 g; Total Sugars 14 g; Protein 31 g; Vitamin A 365 (IU); Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 7 mg; Iron 2.6 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 71 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.15 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 0%; Iron 15%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.