With a short ingredient list and simple preparation, this delicious avocado omelet is perfect anytime. Good source of Vitamin A, Calcium and Iron. Excellent source of Vitamin C.
|Cook Time:||5 min|
|Total Time:||15 min|
- 3.0003 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3.0003 Tbsp. low fat milk
- 0.000 Nonstick cooking spray
- 0.500½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1.0001 Tbsp. sliced green onion
- 0.250¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1.0001 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded peeled and cubed
- Mix eggs and milk.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium low heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook eggs until top is almost set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and green onion. Cook until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Top with red pepper and avocado, fold over and serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: For a tasty brunch serve with a fresh fruit salad on the side.
Beverage Pairings: Great with a mug of hot coffee.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 310; Total Fat 23 g (Sat 7 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 3 g, Mono 12 g); Cholesterol 295 mg; Sodium 210 mg; Potassium 550 mg; Total Carbohydrates 11 g; Dietary Fiber 3 g; Total Sugars 2 g; Protein 16 g; Vitamin A 1187 (IU); Vitamin C 30 mg; Calcium 176 mg; Iron 2.4 mg; Vitamin D 74 (IU); Folate 117 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.18 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 20%; Iron 15%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.