The classic piña colada goes green and extra creamy with Fresh California Avocado and frozen pineapple, with 75% less saturated fat than the traditional recipe shown below.
|Cook Time:||0 min|
|Total Time:||5 min|
- 1.5001 ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 0.500½ ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 3.0003 oz. white rum
- 2.0002 oz. 40% less fat coconut cream, or more for a sweeter cocktail
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into tall beverage glasses and enjoy.
Variation: Substitute frozen pineapple juice (12 oz. for two servings) for the frozen pineapple.
Serving Suggestions: Top with whipped cream and a slice of avocado. Serve with straws if desired.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 440; Total Fat 10 g (Sat 3 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1 g, Mono 4 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 20 mg; Potassium 400 mg; Total Carbohydrates 59 g; Dietary Fiber 5 g; Total Sugars 52 g; Protein 2 g; Vitamin A 119 (IU); Vitamin C 19 mg; Calcium 22 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 59 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 30%; Calcium 2%; Iron 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.