Fresh California Avocado and other fruit combine with an Asian-style coleslaw for a delicious mix of crunchy and creamy, sweet and tangy.
|Cook Time:||0 min|
|Total Time:||10 min|
- 0.333⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2.0002 Tbsp. honey or agave nectar
- 0.500½ tsp. dry mustard
- 0.250¼ tsp. orange zest
- 0.500½ tsp. salt
- 1.0001 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1.0001 (1-lb.) bag coleslaw mix
- 0.500½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 0.250¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves, optional
- 2.0002 ripe, Fresh California Avocados
- 0.500½ cup diced apple, pineapple or other fruit
- In a large bowl make the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, honey, mustard, orange zest and salt until the seasonings are dissolved. Whisk in. sesame oil.
- Add coleslaw mix, onion and cilantro (if desired) to the dressing. Toss well to combine. Refrigerate to let the flavors blend (may be refrigerated for up to 24 hours.)
- Just before serving, peel, seed and dice the avocado. Add the avocado and apple (or pineapple) to the coleslaw. Use a slotted spoon to serve.
Serving Suggestions: Stir in coarsely chopped peanuts or cashews for a nutty variation.
Beverage Pairings: Try with tropical iced tea.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 140; Total Fat 8 g (Sat 1 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1 g, Mono 4 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 180 mg; Potassium 350 mg; Total Carbohydrates 16 g; Dietary Fiber 5 g; Total Sugars 9 g; Protein 2 g; Vitamin A 64 (IU); Vitamin C 33 mg; Calcium 36 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 39 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.