Hot dogs are an American tradition. Topped with Zesty California Guacamole they become a whole new taste sensation!
|Cook Time:||5 min|
|Total Time:||15 min|
- 8.0008 turkey hot dogs
- 8.0008 whole grain hot dog buns
- 0.000 Zesty California Guacamole (see recipe below)
Zesty California Guacamole Ingredients
- 1.0001 Fresno chile (or red jalapeño)
- 4.0004 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, quartered, seeded and peeled
- 0.500½ cup minced red onion
- 1.0001 Tbsp. lime juice
- 0.500½ tsp. ground cumin
- 0.250¼ tsp. red chile flakes
- 0.500½ tsp. salt, or to taste
- Place hot dogs on a preheated grill, about 4 inches from a medium flame. Cook for about 6 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- When hot dogs are about one minute away from being done, open buns and place on the grill to warm them.
- Place cooked hot dogs in buns and top with Zesty California Guacamole.
Zesty California Guacamole Instructions
- Remove stem from chile and discard. Mince chile and place in a medium bowl. (For a milder guacamole discard the seeds, or keep them for a spicier guacamole.)
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mash together, leaving some chunks of avocado. Season to taste and serve.
Serving Suggestions: Top with caramelized onions, diced tomatoes, diced chiles or other favorite hot dog toppers.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 410; Total Fat 28 g (Sat 6 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 3 g, Mono 9 g); Cholesterol 50 mg; Sodium 850 mg; Potassium 560 mg; Total Carbohydrates 30 g; Dietary Fiber 9 g; Total Sugars 4 g; Protein 12 g; Vitamin A 166 (IU); Vitamin C 9 mg; Calcium 138 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 91 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.