|Cook Time:||0 min|
|Total Time:||0 min|
- 3.0003 Tbsp. Wok Aromatics (recipe follows)
- 0.750¾ cup Teriyaki Sauce (recipe follows)
- 0.000 Velvet Chicken (recipe follows)
- 4.0004 Tbsp. expeller-pressed canola oil
- 6.0006 oz. baby bok choy, 1/2" pieces
- 4.5004 ½ oz. broccoli florets, 1" pieces
- 4.0004 oz. green beans, 1" pieces
- 3.5003 ½ oz. sugar snap peas, stemmed
- 3.0003 oz. onion, 1/4" thick slices
- 2.5002 ½ cup brown rice, steamed
- 1.0001 Fresh California Avocado*, sliced
- 3.0003 Tbsp. scallion, thinly sliced
- 0.750¾ tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 0.000 Fresh cilantro sprigs, as needed
Wok Aromatics (Yield: 1 cup)
- 1.5001 ½ oz. lemongrass, chopped
- 1.5001 ½ oz. ginger, peeled, chopped
- 2.0002 oz. scallion, white part only, chopped
- 0.500½ Tbsp. expeller-pressed canola oil, if needed
- 1.0001 Tbsp. water, if needed
- 1.5001 ½ tsp. sambal oelek
Teriyaki Sauce (Yield: 2 cups)
- 5.0005 oz. pineapple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2.0002 oz. Fuji apple, cored, chopped
- 9.5009 ½ oz. low sodium soy sauce
- 3.0003 oz. orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 3.5003 ½ oz. brown sugar
- 1.0001 Tbsp. ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1.0001 Tbsp. scallion, chopped
Velvet Chicken (Yield: 3/4 cup)
- 1.0001 organic chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1" cubes
- 1.0001 organic egg white
- 1.0001 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 16.00016 oz. expeller-pressed canola oil
- Combine the lemongrass, ginger, and scallion in a food processor and grind into a smooth paste. Add the canola oil if needed to smooth mixture into a paste. If the mixture seems dry, add the water. Pour mixture into a bowl and fold in the sambal oelek.
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and cook until all ingredients are tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 20 minutes. Transfer mixture to a blender. Puree until smooth, transfer to bowl.
- Combine the egg white and cornstarch in a bowl. Add the chicken cubes and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pot to 275° F. Strain the chicken cubes and add them to the hot oil.
- Cook until the cubes just begin to turn white, about 30 seconds to 1 minute, separating the pieces if needed. Remove from the oil, drain on paper towels.
- Heat a wok or sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 1-2 Tbsp. of the canola oil.
- Working in 3 batches, add ¼ cup of the chicken cubes and cook until golden brown. Add 1 Tbsp. of the wok aromatics, 1 cup of baby bok choy, 2/3 cup broccoli florets, 1/3 cup green beans, 1/3 cup sugar snap peas, ¼ cup onion and cook until vegetables are al dente and chicken is cooked through. Add ¼ cup of Teriyaki Sauce and reduce slightly.
- Transfer to a bowl and repeat two more times, wiping out the wok/pan in between batches.
- Divide rice among serving plates, top with equal portions of the Teriyaki chicken stir fry. Garnish each plate with sliced Fresh California Avocado, sesame seeds, scallions, and a sprig of cilantro.
* A large Fresh California Avocado weighs about 8 oz.