This California Avocado grower guacamole recipe offers a spicy and bold addition to your appetizer spread.
|Cook Time:||10 min|
|Total Time:||20 min|
- 2.0002 ears of corn
- 4.0004 ripe Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded
- 2.0002 garlic cloves, minced
- 0.500½ onion, diced
- 0.500½ jalapeño, with seeds removed
- 0.500½ bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 0.500½ tsp. garlic salt
- 0.500½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 0.000 Hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- 0.500½ lime or lemon, juiced
- Remove kernels from cob and place in pan. Over medium heat, roast the corn until it starts to caramelize. Set aside to cool. (Note: You also can roast the corn in the husk. Simply remove the silks and soak in water for about 10 minutes and then place on the grill, cooking until the kernels begin to color)
- Place the avocado in a bowl and mash with a potato masher or back of a fork, leaving it somewhat chunky.
- Add in the garlic, onion and jalapeño.
- Stir in the cooled corn kernels, cilantro, garlic salt and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until combined.
- Season with hot sauce to your taste.
- Add the lemon or lime juice and mix well.
Note: If not serving immediately, take plastic wrap and cover the surface of the guacamole Refrigerate until time to serve. Enjoy!
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 158; Total Fat 12 g (Sat 1.5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1.5 g, Mono 8 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 170 mg; Potassium 470 mg; Total Carbohydrates 15 g; Dietary Fiber 4 g; Total Sugars 1 g; Protein 4 g; Vitamin A 499 IU; Vitamin C 13 mg; Calcium 11 mg; Iron 1.3 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 86 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Total Fat 18%; Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 0%; Iron 8%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.