|Cook Time:||0 min|
|Total Time:||0 min|
- 1.0001 lb. large shrimp (16-20 per pound)
- 2.0002 limes, zest and juice
- 1.0001 Tbsp. sriracha hot sauce
- 2.0002 sprigs of mint, chopped
- 3.0003 oz. glass noodles
- 4.0004 Fresh California Avocados*, thinly sliced
- 3.0003 oz. mung bean sprouts
- 3.0003 oz. Sesame Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 3.0003 oz. Pickled Carrots (recipe follows)
- 24.00024 leaves Thai basil, chopped
- 8.0008 Bibb lettuce leaves
Sesame Vinaigrette (Yield: 1 cup)
- 2.0002 oz. rice wine vinegar
- 1.0001 oz. soy sauce
- 1.0001 Tbsp. mirin
- 3.0003 oz. vegetable oil
- 1.5001 ½ tsp. sesame oil
- 2.0002 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 0.000 Salt to taste
Pickled Carrots (Yield: 2 cups)
- 2.0002 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 8.0008 oz. cider vinegar
- 4.5004 ½ oz. sugar
- 3.0003 oz. water
- 1.0001 1" piece of ginger, peeled and cut in half
- 1.0001 tsp. salt
- 0.500½ tsp. chili flakes
- Blend first three ingredients with an immersion blender. Slowly add the vegetable and sesame oil. Whisk in the sesame seeds and salt to taste.
- Place shredded carrots in a large heat proof bowl. Bring remaining ingredients to a simmer over medium high heat. Remove from heat and pour over carrots. Cover bowl tightly and let cool. Once cool, remove ginger pieces, keep carrots refrigerated in the pickling liquid.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Toss shrimp with lime zest and juice, sriracha hot sauce, mint, and a pinch of salt until well coated. Place in a single layer on sheet pan and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool, then refrigerate.
- Drain the cold shrimp and slice each thin. Trim the roots from the lettuce leaves and soak briefly in ice water to crisp. Pat dry and lay concave side up.
- Break up glass noodles and add to boiling salted water. Boil for 3-4 minutes or until done. Rinse with cold water.
- Gently toss noodles, sprouts, avocado slices, and shrimp with the sesame vinaigrette. Place ½ - ¾ cup into each lettuce leaf. Sprinkle each with the Thai basil and pickled carrots. Serve.
*A large Fresh California Avocado weighs about 8 oz.