- 2.0002 beef ribeye thick-cut filets, cut 1-3/4 to 2 inches thick (about 1 pound)
- 0.250¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 0.500½ tsp. salt
- 0.250¼ tsp. ancho chile powder
- 0.333⅓ cup olive oil
- 1.0001 pkg. (1 pound) coleslaw mix (about 6 cups)
- 1.0001 cup diced fresh or jarred mango
- 1.0001 medium ripe, Fresh California Avocado, thinly sliced
- 0.250¼ cup diced red onion
- 0.250¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2.0002 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1.0001 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 0.500½ tsp. coarse grind black pepper
- 0.250¼ tsp. teaspoon ground red pepper
- To prepare Slaw, combine lime juice, salt and chile powder in small bowl; gradually whisk in oil until blended. Set aside. Combine remaining slaw ingredients in large bowl. Add dressing; toss gently to coat. Let stand while preparing beef or refrigerate, covered, up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine Rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef filets. Heat heavy, ovenproof, nonstick, skillet over medium heat until hot. Place filets in skillet and brown 2 minutes; turn filets over and place skillet into preheated oven.
- Cook in 350°F oven 20 to 24 minutes for medium rare; 25 to 28 minutes for medium doneness. Remove from oven when internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer filets to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve filets into slices; serve with slaw.
Cook's Tip: If oven-safe skillet is not available, transfer browned filets to rimmed baking sheet. Cook 3 to 5 minutes longer for medium rare to medium doneness. Proceed as directed.
Recipes and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff