|Cook Time:||0 min|
|Total Time:||0 min|
- 6.0006 Roasted red bell pepper, charred, seeded and sliced into fourths
- 8.0008 Tbsp. Butter
- 12.00012 large slices sourdough bread
- 42.00042 oz. Fresh crab meat
- 12.00012 1/2 oz. slices White chedder cheese
- 0.000 Black Pepper Aioli (recipe follows)
- 0.000 Salt and pepper to taste
- 6.0006 Fresh California Avocados, sliced into 12ths *
Black Pepper Aioli
- 2.0002 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 0.500½ tsp. Ground black pepper
Black Pepper Aioli:
- In a small mixing bowl, mix mayonnaise and ground black pepper.
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread and place in a sauté pan, butter side down. Place the sauté pan in the oven for about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, heat another sauté pan over medium heat; add the crab meat and the roasted pepper. Heat for 1 minute.
- Take the bread slices come from the oven, spread 1 tablespoon of aioli on each slice. Top each with two pieces of the roasted pepper, then divide the crab meat equally among the slices. Add salt and pepper to taste, and top each sandwich with one slice of white cheddar cheese. Return the pan to the oven for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Cut each sandwich in half on the diagonal.
- Top each half with 3 slices of Fresh California Avocado. Add a pinch of salt and pepper on top of the avocado and serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.