|Cook Time:||0 min|
|Total Time:||0 min|
- 1.0001 lobster tail
- 3.0003 mint stems, leaves only
- 3.0003 cilantro stems, leaves only
- 2.0002 tbsp olive oil
- 2.0002 limes
- 1.0001 fennel bulb
- 4.0004 celery stalks
- 2.0002 California Avocados
- 3.0003 small navel oranges
- 0.000 salt & pepper as needed
- 0.000 micro cilantro for garnish
- Bring water in a medium saucepan to a boil. Cook the lobster tails for 4 1/2 minutes, then immediately shock in a bowl of ice water.
- For the vinaigrette, finely chop the mint and cilantro separately. Blend two tablespoons of the cilantro with the olive oil. Juice the two lines into a small bowl, and mix in the cilantro oil and the remaining chopped cilantro and mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small saucepan, boil water. Dice the fennel and celery and blanch for five seconds. Shock in a bowl of ice water.
- Dice the avocado into 1/4” cubes. Add the celery and fennel, along with a little of the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the peel off the oranges so there is no white pith remaining. With a sharp knife, cut out the orange segments by removing the fruit from flesh. Cut each section in half.
- Warm up the lobster gently in a small saucepan.
- Place a 3”-4” diameter ring on top of a plate. Place a layer of lobster within the ring and top with the avocado mix. Carefully remove the ring and top with the orange sections. Garnish with micro cilantro.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.