|Cook Time:||0 min|
|Total Time:||0 min|
- 2.5002 ½ oz. Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1.0001 cup sugar, divided
- 0.500½ tsp. salt
- 0.500½ cup lime juice
- 1.5001 ½ cup pureed California Avocado
- 4.0004 eggs,seperated
- 0.250¼ cup tequila
- 3.0003 Tbsp. Triple Sec
- 1.0001 baked pie shell, 9 to 10 inches
- In a heavy saucepan, thoroughly mix gelatin, 3/4 cup sugar, and salt.
- Stir in avocado puree, lime juice, and egg yolks. Cook over medium heat, stirring until gelatin is dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Chill mixture, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- When gelatin mixture is ready, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; beat in sugar.
- Lightly stir 1 cup egg white into gelatin mixture to lighten; fold gelatin mixture into egg whites until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour into baked pie shell; chill until firm.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, if desired.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.