Avocado adds the textural and taste interest to this satisfying soup.
|Cook Time:||0 min|
|Total Time:||0 min|
- 1.0001 medium onion, chopped
- 2.0002 tsp. oil
- 6.0006 cup well-seasoned chicken or pork stock
- 0.500½ tsp. cumin
- 1.0001 28-oz. can yellow or white hominy
- 1.0001 8-oz can chopped green chiles
- 0.000 salt and pepper to taste
- 1.0001 California avocado, diced
- 3.0003 oz. jack cheese, shredded
- Saute onion in oil in large saucepan until transparent.
- Add stock, cumin, hominy, and chiles and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Add avocado and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, top with cheese, and serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition information per serving
This can be made very low fat by skipping the saute step for the onions and omitting the cheese.