|Cook Time:||0 min|
|Total Time:||0 min|
- 4.0004 eggplants
- 10.00010 cloves garlic
- 0.500½ cup sesame oil
- 0.500½ stick butter
- 2.0002 fennel bulbs, diced
- 2.0002 yellow bell peppers, diced
- 4.0004 leeks, white part only
- 1.0001 Spanish onion
- 0.000 Inch-long piece fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- 0.250¼ cup lime juice
- 0.250¼ cup soy sauce
- 1.5001 ½ quarts heavy cream
- 4.0004 avocados, cut into pieces
- 10.00010 cilantro sprigs
- 1.0001 cup whipping cream
- 1.0001 cup mascarpone cheese
- 0.000 Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnishes: Avocado slices, seeded and diced tomato, sesame seeds, cilantro sprigs, crumbled queso blanco cheese
- Rub eggplants with oil. Puncture and stud with garlic cloves. Grill eggplants until cooked on all sides. Split in half and scrape out seeds. Reserve flesh and discard skin.
- In a large saucepan, heat sesame oil and butter.
- Add fennel, yellow peppers, leeks, onion and ginger.
- Cook until vegetables are softened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Chop reserved eggplant and add it to the pan. Adjust seasoning.
- Add lime juice and soy sauce, stirring to loosen browned bits at the bottom of the pan.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add avocado and cilantro, and roughly puree the soup in batches.
- Whip cream and mascarpone cheese together until stiff.
- Fold into soup. Cool. Adjust seasoning.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with avocado slices, chopped tomato, sesame seeds, cilantro and queso blanco.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.