|Cook Time:||0 min|
|Total Time:||0 min|
- 0.000 Apple wood chips or 3 drops hickory liquid smoke
- 2.0002 portabella mushroom tops
- 1.0001 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 0.250¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 6.0006 fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3.0003 fresh rosemary sprigs, coarsely chopped
- 4.0004 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2.0002 tsp. salt
- 1.0001 Tbsp. cracked black pepper
- 1.0001 ripe Fresh California Avocado, coarsely chopped
- 0.250¼ cup lump crab meat
- 0.000 Salt and pepper to taste
- 0.000 Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1.0001 Tbsp. red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2.0002 Tbsp. onion, minced
- Clean mushroom caps and smoke them over apple wood chips in a smoker for 10 minutes. Or, add 3 drops hickory liquid smoke to the marinade to get a smoky flavor without smoking.
- Poke holes in each mushroom cap with a toothpick. Mix marinade ingredients together and pour over mushroom caps in a large non-reactive container.
- Refrigerate 12 hours, turning mushrooms once.
- Make an incision partway through each mushroom cap to create a pocket, or cut each mushroom cap in half horizontally.
- Mix together stuffing ingredients and stuff each mushroom.
- Grill or saute mushrooms until soft. Serve hot or cold.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.