Bread with ripe Fresh California Avocado and Horseradish
|Cook Time:||0 min|
|Total Time:||0 min|
- 1.0001 Calamari steak, lightly breaded
- 1.0001 whole egg, beaten
- 1.0001 oz. flour
- 3.0003 oz. Parmesan cheese
- 2.0002 Tbsp. clarified butter
- 0.000 Focaccia bread (6 x 6) oiled
- 2.0002 green leaf lettuce
- 1.0001 oz. alfalfa sprouts
- 2.0002 tomato (5 X 6) slices
- 0.500½ Ripe medium California avocado, seeded, peeled and fanned
- 1.0001 pickle spear
- 1.0001 raddicchio leaf
- 1.0001 belgian endive feat
- 1.0001 oz. grilled zucchini, sliced
- 1.0001 oz. grilled yellow squash
- 0.250¼ oz. prepared tartar sauce
- 0.250¼ oz. prepared cocktail sauce
- 0.000 freshly grated horseradish to taste
- Slightly pound calamari. Flour, egg, and dredge in parmesan cheese, making sure cheese coats well. If not, dip in egg and cheese again.
- In Teflon sauce pan, heat clarified butter. When hot, briefly saute calamari until brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towel. Brush foccacia bread with clarified butter and grill.
- Cut on bias giving you a triangle. Grill zucchini and yellow squash ahead and cool.
- Assemble sandwich with green leaf, sliced tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, and avocado.
- Drizzle tartar sauce on top. Garnish plate and serve.
- Tartar Sauce Preparation
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.