- Cut the ciabatta bun in half and toast in the oven or on a griddle until golden brown and warm. Set aside.
- Cut the Fresh California Avocado in half and remove the seed. Scoop out both halves of the avocado into a bowl. Add the mushrooms, celery, fennel, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix gently to incorporate all ingredients, leaving large chunks of avocado. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Place the baby arugula on the bottom ciabatta bun. Scoop avocado mixture on top of the arugula.
- Grate pecorino cheese over the entire sandwich using a microplane. Top with remaining half of ciabatta bun.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.