Recently viewed recipes...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
LENTIL SALAD WITH CALIFORNIA AVOCADOS AND CARA MIA MARINATED ARTICHOKES
Rating4 of 5 2
2 Ratings | 0 Comments
Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission
Fast, fresh, and full of fiber, this meatless main salad explodes with fresh flavors of basil, rosemary and sweet tomatoes. The tenderness of the avocado combined with the deeply marinated artichokes makes every bite pop!
dried lentils, sorted and rinsed
STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
medium garlic cloves, minced
dried pepper flakes, optional
grape tomatoes, quartered
Cara Mia Marinated Artichoke Hearts, (drained, reserve marinade), coarsely chopped
reserved artichoke marinade
ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
chopped fresh basil, or to taste
spring greens or baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- Bring 2 cups water to boil in medium saucepan. Stir in lentils, reduce heat, cover, simmer 20 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, rosemary, and salt in medium bowl.
- Fold in remaining ingredients, except spring greens.
- Drain lentils in colander and run under cold water to cool quickly. Shake off excess liquid and stir into the artichoke mixture.
- Fold in spring greens until slightly wilted and serve.
Tip: For even faster preparation use one cup of pre-cooked lentils.
Serving Suggestion: Serve in Boston Bibb lettuce cups or on whole romaine lettuce leaves.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 250; Total Fat 14 g (Sat 1.5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1 g, Mono 9 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 440 mg; Potassium 267 mg; Total Carbohydrates 25 g; Dietary Fiber 7 g; Total Sugars 4 g; Protein 10 g; Vitamin A 1120 (IU); Vitamin C 18 mg; Calcium 15 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 40 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 30%; Calcium 2%; Iron 15%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.