Recently viewed recipes...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
LOMI LOMI SALMON IN A CALIFORNIA AVOCADO HALF
Rating5 of 5 1
1 Ratings | 0 Comments
Author: Amy Sherman and Copper River Salmon/Prince William Sound Marketing Association Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission, for foodservice use
wild Copper River salmon fillet, skin removed
Hawaiian salt, coarse sea salt or kosher salt
cherry or grape tomatoes, diced
sweet white onion, finely diced
green onions, chopped
Fresh California Avocados, halved and seeded
sprigs of cilantro or chives to garnish
- Place salmon in a plastic or glass container and rub both sides with the salt. Cover the container and chill in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Rinse salmon thoroughly and soak in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes, changing the water once, after 15 minutes. Remove fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Dice fish and place in a mixing bowl. Add tomato, onion and green onions; toss gently to combine. Note: If onion is not sweet, soak the diced onion in cold water for 10 minutes to remove bitterness.
- Mound salmon mixture onto each avocado half. Garnish with cilantro or chives and serve immediately. Add a crostini to the presentation, if desired.
*Large avocados are recommended for these recipes. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.