Crab Melt Sandwich with California Avocados
||1/2 oz. slices White chedder cheese
||Black Pepper Aioli
||Black Pepper Aioli (recipe follows)
||Fresh California Avocados, sliced into 12ths *
||Fresh crab meat
||Ground black pepper
||large slices sourdough bread
||Roasted red bell pepper, charred, seeded and sliced into fourths
||Salt and pepper to taste
Remember to check the label when you shop.
California Avocados are NOW in season! Learn More
Black Pepper Aioli:
- In a small mixing bowl, mix mayonnaise and ground black pepper.
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread and place in a sauté pan, butter side down. Place the sauté pan in the oven for about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, heat another sauté pan over medium heat; add the crab meat and the roasted pepper. Heat for 1 minute.
- Take the bread slices come from the oven, spread 1 tablespoon of aioli on each slice. Top each with two pieces of the roasted pepper, then divide the crab meat equally among the slices. Add salt and pepper to taste, and top each sandwich with one slice of white cheddar cheese. Return the pan to the oven for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Cut each sandwich in half on the diagonal.
- Top each half with 3 slices of Fresh California Avocado. Add a pinch of salt and pepper on top of the avocado and serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.