- Combine shrimp, lemon juice and pepper; set aside.
- Toss tomato with olive oil and salt; set aside.
- To make the aioli, combine mayonnaise, basil and garlic salt; set aside.
- Place avocado halves on individual serving plates or bowls. Fill each avocado cavity with a spoonful of the aioli.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the aioli in each avocado half.
- Top each avocado with the seasoned shrimp.
- Garnish with remaining whole basil leaves and serve.
If desired, peel avocado halves and place on a bed of lettuce, then stuff with the toppings. You may want to increase the aioli recipe to serve alongside the salad, or dress with olive oil and additional lemon juice.
Try with a glass of Chardonnay.