Recently viewed recipes...
More recipes like this...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
COCONUT AND TUNA CEVICHE WITH CALIFORNIA AVOCADOS AND CORN NUTS
Fresh lime juice
Ginger root, peeled
Canned coconut milk
Salt and freshly ground pepper - as needed
Sushi-grade tuna, cut into small dice
Diced daikon radish (3/4 cup)
Finely sliced chives (3/4 cup)
Corn nuts, ground as fine as possible (3/4 cup)
Radish sprouts - as needed for garnish
- To make dressing, blend corn oil, next 4 ingredients, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until smooth.
- Mix 3/4 cup dressing with tuna, daikon and chives.
JUST BEFORE SERVICE
- Lay peeled avocado halves on the flat side. With a thin knife, slice avocado into 1/8-inch slices, keeping each avocado half separate. (Make slices without moving the avocado. The avocado must remain intact.) Carefully flatten the sliced avocado to fan out. Place on a piece of plastic wrap and cover. Keep refrigerated.
- Mound 2 generous tablespoons tuna in center of plate in a loaf shape. Carefully scoop up one sliced avocado half with a knife and place on top of the tuna ceviche loaf. Drizzle the plate with additional dressing. Dust avocado with some powdered corn nuts and a pinch of salt. Garnish plate with radish sprouts.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.