Crab Cocktail With California Avocado-Wasabi Mousse
||and 2ounces crab meat
||thinly sliced chive
||California Avocado-Wasabi Mousse (recipe follows)
|1 1/2 cups
||purchased salsa fresca
||Cilantro sprigs, as needed for garnish (optional)
||purchased taro chips (optional)
||Green onion cut in 2-inch lengths, as needed for garnish
||California avocado, diced, for garnish
Remember to check the label when you shop.
California Avocados are NOW in season! Learn More
- Just before serving, combine crab, chive, and vinegar; reserve.
- Scoop 1/4 cup California Avocado-Wasabi Mousse into each of 6 martini glasses or other stemmed glassware.
- Top each with 1/4 cup salsa fresca.
- Scoop 1/4 cup reserved crab mixture on top of salsa in each glass.
- Garnish each serving with 2 sprigs cilantro, 2 taro chips, several green onion pieces, and several avocado cubes.
- California Avocado-Wasabi Mousse
- Just before serving, puree until smooth 3 California avocados, roughly diced, 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) wasabi paste*, 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) hot pepper sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) salt; reserve.
- Whip 1/3 cup heavy cream; fold into reserved avocado mixture.
- *Wasabi paste, often called "Japanese horseradish," can be purchased in ethnic or specialty foods shops and in the Asian section of many supermarkets.