Recently viewed recipes...
More recipes like this...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
CRAB COCKTAIL WITH CALIFORNIA AVOCADO-WASABI MOUSSE
and 2ounces crab meat
thinly sliced chive
California Avocado-Wasabi Mousse (recipe follows)
purchased salsa fresca
Cilantro sprigs, as needed for garnish (optional)
purchased taro chips (optional)
Green onion cut in 2-inch lengths, as needed for garnish
California avocado, diced, for garnish
- Just before serving, combine crab, chive, and vinegar; reserve.
- Scoop 1/4 cup California Avocado-Wasabi Mousse into each of 6 martini glasses or other stemmed glassware.
- Top each with 1/4 cup salsa fresca.
- Scoop 1/4 cup reserved crab mixture on top of salsa in each glass.
- Garnish each serving with 2 sprigs cilantro, 2 taro chips, several green onion pieces, and several avocado cubes.
- California Avocado-Wasabi Mousse
- Just before serving, puree until smooth 3 California avocados, roughly diced, 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) wasabi paste*, 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) hot pepper sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) salt; reserve.
- Whip 1/3 cup heavy cream; fold into reserved avocado mixture.
- *Wasabi paste, often called "Japanese horseradish," can be purchased in ethnic or specialty foods shops and in the Asian section of many supermarkets.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.