Recently viewed recipes...
Dietitian Approved Recipes
ZIPPY CABBAGE SALAD
Rating2 of 5 1
1 Ratings | 0 Comments
Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission from a consumer submission
This salad resembles a coleslaw however it does not have the heavy traditional sweet mayonaise. It is light and refreshing and very good for you.
a Med. size head of green cabbage
California avocados diced 1/2 " chunks
to 8 thin slices of fresh jalepeno diced
to 2 sprigs cilantro chopped (optional)
whole juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
- Slice cabbage finely ( like coleslaw )
- Chop tomato, avocado, jalepeno, and cilantro
- Add all of these to a large bowl and squirt lemon juice on the mixture
- Add salt and pepper to taste, mix thoroughly
- Best if eaten immediately
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.