Recently viewed recipes...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
ROSA MEXICANO GUACAMOLE
This recipe is
Rating4 of 5 3
3 Ratings | 1 Comment(s)
Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission
Onion, jalapeños, cilantro, tomatoes and Fresh California Avocados make a delicious and traditional guacamole.
finely chopped white onion
jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
finely chopped fresh cilantro
salt, or to taste
ripe, Fresh California Avocados, halved and seeded
coarsely chopped tomato
- Combine half the onion, half the jalapeño, and half the cilantro in a mortar or food processor.
- Add salt, then grind or pulse into a smooth paste. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Make crosshatch incisions in avocado pulp with a paring knife.
- Scoop pulp out with a spoon; combine with onion mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in remaining onion, jalapeño, and cilantro; gently mix in tomatoes.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and serve immediately.
Yields: 3 cups
Serve with crispy tortilla chips.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Guacamole is best made as close to serving as possible. For short-term storage, seal in an airtight container with a piece of plastic wrap against the surface of the guacamole.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Nutrition information per serving
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 160; Total Fat 13 g (Sat 2 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 8 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 300 mg; Potassium 536 mg; Total Carbohydrates 11 g; Dietary Fiber 7 g; Total Sugars 2 g; Protein 2 g; Vitamin A 377 IU; Vitamin C 15 mg; Calcium 20 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 87 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 2%; Iron 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.