Recently viewed recipes...
Receive fresh recipes, hot news, and industry updates every month!Subscribe
CALIFORNIA AVOCADO HASH BROWNS
California Avocado (8 ounces), diced
frozen hash browns with onion
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
sour cream for garnish
prepared tomato salsa for garnish
chopped cilantro for garnish
- Gently mix lemon juice with avocado; reserve.
- In a large frying pan, cook potatoes in hot oil, turning frequently, until tender and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold avocado into hash browns and continue cooking until well browned, about 3 minutes.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1/2 tablespoon salsa.
- Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon cilantro.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Nutrition information per serving
Nutrition Information per Serving: 400 calories, 28g of fat, 10mg of cholesterol, 130mg of sodium, and 5g of protein.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.