Recently viewed recipes...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
PEPPERED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH AVOCADO BISCUITS
Peppered Pork Tenderloin
CALIFORNIA AVOCADOS, peeled
ground black pepper
ground red pepper, divided
ground cumin, divided
(3-ounce) package cream cheese
CALIFORNIA AVOCADO, peeled and mashed
- Peppered Pork Tenderloin
- Mash avocados in a medium bowl.
- Stir in oil, salt, black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin.
- Rub mixture evenly over tenderloins.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over high heat (450° to 500°) 15 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160°.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Stir together mayonnaise, remaining 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin.
- Spread mixture over Avocado Biscuits, and top with pork slices.
- Avocado Biscuits
- Place biscuit mix in a large bowl.
- Cut in cream cheese and shortening with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in avocado and milk until biscuit mix is moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead dough 5 to 6 times or until no longer sticky.
- Pat or roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Pat or roll scraps, and repeat procedure.
- Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until golden
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.