Recently viewed recipes...
Receive fresh recipes, hot news, and industry updates every month!Subscribe
See why avocados are a tasty choice for a healthful diet.LEARN MORE
CALIFORNIA AVOCADO NEST WITH SEAFOOD FILLING AND SAFFRON SAUCE
quart heavy cream
Large pinch of saffron threads, toasted and ground
Salt, as needed
Freshly ground white pepper, as needed
and 4 ounces shrimp (36 to 40 count), peeled, deveined, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
and 4 ounces scallops, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and diced
fresh dill, chopped
fresh lemon juice
California Avocados (about 6 lbs.)
White sesame seeds, toasted, as needed
Black sesame seeds, toasted, as needed
flat leaf parsley or chervil sprigs
- Reduce cream by one quarter, about 10 minutes; stir in saffron.
- Lightly season to taste with salt and pepper; strain. Chill.
- Mix seafood with tomato and dill; reserve.
- Just before service, fold in 1/2 cup lemon juice or to taste.
- Per Order:
- Peel, halve, and seed 1 avocado. Thinly slice each half lengthwise; brush slices with lemon juice.
- On a serving plate, overlap avocado slices in a circle, forming a nest.
- Fill nest with 3/4 cup (5 ounces) seafood mixture.
- Pour 1/4 cup saffron sauce around nest.
- Garnish with black and white sesame seeds and 3 sprigs of parsley.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Nutrition information per serving
Nutrition Information per Serving: 830 calories, 67g of fat, 265mg of cholesterol, 320mg of sodium, and 39g of protein.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.