Recently viewed recipes...
Receive fresh recipes, hot news, and industry updates every month!Subscribe
See why avocados are a tasty choice for a healthful diet.LEARN MORE
Rating5 of 5 1
1 Ratings | 0 CommentsAdd to My Recipes
Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission, for foodservice use
8 ounces shallot, diced
quarts + 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
grated lemon zest
California Avocados (12 lbs.)
half and half
California Avocado slices
- Sauté shallot in oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in stock and lemon zest; simmer 10 minutes.
- Cut avocados in chunks; stir into stock.
- Stir in half and half; chill.
- Stir in lemon juice; season to taste.
- Garnish each serving with 2 avocado slices.
To serve avocado soup hot:
- Reserve soup after adding half and half; do not add lemon juice.
- Heat 1 cup soup; do not boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Garnish with 2 avocado slices.
- Pour half of each of chilled avocado soup and vichyssoise into bowl at the same time so they meet in the middle
To serve avocado soup chilled:
Serving Size = 1 Cup
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.